The Peter Anderson Festival is the first weekend in November and is a
really big deal around here. I read an article that estimated 100,000-150,000 visitors over the whole weekend. And I believe it because it was packed!! I tend to buy from the same artists...Steve White, Linda Theobald, Stig Marcussan (below), and Marlin Miller (who does the Katrina carvings along the Biloxi beach). We always enjoy talking to Marlin and his wife, they are awesome people and are great with Lauren. He is going to make a special small owl for Lauren next year, since she has requested it for the last 2 years...How awesome is that?!? This year Stig hand watercolored my print while we were at the festival, and re-signed it. He is very nice too, and let me snap a couple of pics of him doing my print. I think Lauren would have sat there all day to watch him...she is a budding artist herself. I found someone new that I'll probably be buying more from-Missy Lawrence (ML Mudd Works) out of Biloxi. She's got some gorgeous pottery that has beautiful coppery accents on it. I bought a small green fish to use as a spoon rest for my kitchen. It's so pretty that I don't want to put a dirty spoon on it!

Then later Saturday night the Hubby and I went out for a much needed night out. We went to eat at Shady's Global Grill. It was yummy, as always. Then we headed over to the Government Street Grocery and caught The Captain Midnight Band...they were awesome!!! Really talented and slight weird! The lead singer/guitar player wore long braids and had one of those asian pointy hats on. And the girls playing the synths wore white wigs and silver go-go boots. Craig bought their CD and I have been listening to it non-stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment